Atlanta Landscaping – ABOUT ICPI
Designing Dreams and Building Memories
What is ICPI?
Interlocking Concrete Pavement Institute or ICPI is a Non-Profit, National Organization, which dedicates itself to the ongoing education in the area of permeable and non-permeable interlocking concrete pavements (a.k.a. Pavers). ICPI also lobbies on behalf of the paver industry to introduce legislation that will protect business owners and homeowners from contractors doing sub-par work that leads to pavement failures and increased costs for everyone involved. When hiring a contractor for your next paver project, be sure to check their ICPI credentials. Hiring an ICPI certified installer is one of the best ways to ensure that your pavement is installed correctly and will last for a lifetime!
What is an ICPI Certified Insaller?
The ICPI Concrete Paver Installer Certification Programs impart the requisite knowledge, experience and industry guidelines required to build pavements using concrete pavers.
Through the ICPI Level I Concrete Paver Installer Certification Program, individuals who are currently employed in the concrete paver installer industry have the opportunity to pursue education, certification and industry recognition. You can become one of more than 13,000 certified installers by attending one of our two-day courses. ICPI paver manufacturing members typically sponsor schools in your area.
Phil's Local Involvement in ICPI:
Phil is an active member of the local North Georgia Chapter of ICPI. Being active and participating in this local organization provides hardscape contractors the following opportunities and benefits:
- Continuing Education
- Networking Opportunities
- Meet your peers, improve your quality and stay above your competition
- Become a leader in your market
- Learn valuable selling skills
- Bidding and estimating training and technique
Why a Certification Program?
Several thousand companies throughout North America build interlocking concrete pavements. Your company may be one of them. These companies work with landscaping, segmental retaining walls and concrete pavers. Their backgrounds represent a wide range of technical, business and marketing skills. To focus this diversity of experiences, the ICPI Level I Concrete Paver Installer Certification Program imparts the requisite knowledge, experience and industry guidelines required to build pavements using concrete pavers.
About ICPI Level I Certification
This practical two-day course is designed to enhance the knowledge of individuals involved in the construction and installation of interlocking concrete pavements. ICPI Manufacturer members sponsor most of the courses. The course is typically taught by two instructors and is tied together with a video that takes participants through a step-by-step concrete paver installation.
The following informative topics are addressed in the curriculum:
- paver installation material estimating
- job layout
- soil classification
- soil compaction
- base material compaction
- bedding sand
- specialty applications
- use of labor-saving specialty tools
- edge restraints
- basic contract law
- documenting job costs
- maintenance and management
Why Should You Attend?
Knowledge: Industry professionals share knowledge of industry guidelines, practices and advances applicable to the construction and installation of interlocking concrete pavers.
Recognition: Certificates of program completion will be awarded to all individuals who successfully complete the two-day course and pass the written exam.
Promotion: Paver installer program training and certification can be a powerful marketing tool to your clients by further establishing your credibility as a knowledgeable contractor.
On-going support: ICPI reinforces your knowledge through making available updated technical literature, guide specifications, marketing support, website listings and press releases.
Top 10 Reasons to be an ICPI Level I Certified Concrete Paver Installer:
- Meet guidelines: Learn how to meet or exceed industry established guidelines for paver installers.
- Reduce costs: What you learn will help you reduce or eliminate costly callbacks.
- National promotion: ICPI promotes certified installers in its literature, website and videos.
- Meet customer expectations: Today's consumers are becoming more sophisticated and demanding. They expect trades people, including interlocking concrete pavement installers, to have trade certification.
- Supplier promotion: Many ICPI member manufacturers publicly promote certification.
- Benefit your bottom line: Professional instructors will show you how to increase your bottom line through greater efficiency.
- Meet designer/specifier expectations: Design professionals are specifying installations by ICPI Certified Concrete Paver Installers.
- Evaluation process: ICPI developed guidelines help installers rate their company's performance in all areas such as workmanship, efficiency and profitability.
- Dispute resolution: Adherence to ICPI guidelines means you have the weight of the industry on your side in the event of a dispute.
- Justify your price: Being able to demonstrate to your customers that you are installing interlocking concrete pavements consistent with industry developed guidelines can help you support your pricing and explain why it may be higher than your competition.
Who Should Attend?
The ICPI Level I Concrete Paver Installer Certification Program has been designed for all companies and individuals involved in the residential and commercial installation of interlocking concrete pavements, including:
- company owners and principals
- job superintendents
- crew members
- crew leaders
Passing the Course:
A 100 question multiple choice exam is given at the end of the course. Those who earn a score of 75 or greater will receive a certificate of completion from ICPI valid for five years. ICPI Level I Certified Concrete Paver Installers also receive a wallet-sized certification card and will have their name and company posted on ICPI's website.