Designing Dreams and Building Memories
The Residential “Design/Build” process means that we not only install your landscape, we also design it. Our process begins with a Design Consultation where one of our professionals will meet with you to capture your vision of the outdoor space. During this time, we’ll ask questions that will help us create a plan to outline a scope and vision for the new project. Our second meeting will include a presentation of the new plan along with budget pricing for the installation. During this time, we’ll make revisions and updates to be sure your goals are met and stay within your budget for the project. You can help make this process successful by thinking about the following questions before we arrive for our first meeting:
Our Design Process
Our Design process begins by meeting with you, our customer, to find out what you are trying to accomplish with your landscape. Some of the questions we ask you to think about before our first meeting are:
- Do you have kids that will be using the yard for recreation on a regular basis
- What type of recreation? Large areas for sports, wooded areas for climbing and playing and/or entertaining areas where friends can gather?
- How often do you entertain?
- Do you have any allergies to bees, other pests, or flowering plants and trees?
- What colors do you like?
- Will you be using your landscape at nighttime and if so, have you thought about accentuating the landscape with Outdoor Lighting for safety and aesthetics?
- Do you have any current drainage or erosion issues that you are aware of?
- Will there be a functional component to your new landscape (i.e. new Retaining Wall to level an area for a playset)?
- Have you considered a New Patio and if so, would you like an area that is large enough to entertain, prepare food and gather with friends?
- Would you like a place to stay dry and warm, regardless of the temperature, weather and season? Perhaps an under-deck system, sunroom, covered pergola or gazebo with infrared heaters or a fireplace would create just the lure to pull the family outside where memories are created.
Once we have answered some of these preliminary questions, we can begin on your design. You will generally be charged a flat rate so you know exactly what you are paying up front. What you will receive in the end is a 2-D, hand drawn design, drawn to scale. In many instances, we can sketch beautiful 3-D renderings to see exactly what the finished space will look like. Additionally, you will also receive a full proposal for what it will cost to implement the design and that can be broken down further into manageable phases that fit comfortably within your budget
Please tell us more about your residential design project by completing our Design Request Form. We will review your comments and one of our designers will contact you within 24 business hours.